We have reports that a total of 106 vehicles have been impounded by the Joint Operation Task-Team for Enforcement of Presidential Lockdown Order on Covid-19 in FCT led by the Police Commissioner, Bala Ciroma. These include cars, tricycles and motorcycles.
The enforcement operation that led to the impoundment was carried out in the three area councils of Abuja Municipal, Bwari and Gwagwalada. The impounded vehicles are however to be released to the owners after the 14-day lockdown period.
Below is full text of the statement issued by the FCT Police Command in respect of the operation:
FCT JOINT OPERATION TASK TEAM ON ENFORCEMENT OF LOCKDOWN ORDER ON COVID 19 IMPOUNDS 51 CARS, 9 TRICYCLES AND 46 MOTORCYCLES FOR VIOLATING PRESIDENTIAL LOCKDOWN ORDER
The Joint Operation Task -Team for the Enforcement of Presidential Lockdown order on Covid-19 in FCT, under the leadership of CP Bala Ciroma, the FCT Commissioner of Police has impounded Fifty-one (51) Cars, Nine (9) Tricycles and Forty-six (46) Motorcycles in FCT for violating the subsisting presidential lockdown directive, aimed at containing the further spread of the Covid-19 pandemic
2. The cars, tricycles and motorcycles, which were being used by their owners in violation of the presidential lockdown order, were impounded by enforcement units of the Joint Operation Task Team on duty around Nyanya, Dutse Alhaji, Karu, Jabi, Kado, Life-camp, Mpape, Zuba and other parts of the Federal Capital Territory.
3. The Task Team Chairman, CP Bala Ciroma warns that any car, tricycle or motorcycle impounded for violating the subsisting presidential order shall remain in police custody until the 14 days lockdown order is lifted by the Federal Government.
4. He also advised members of the public to be law-abiding and support the ongoing effort by the government to contain the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
5. Furthermore, FCT residents are enjoined to adhere strictly with the new guideline issued by the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19, which states that markets selling food in the neighbourhoods would open from 10am to 2pm every other day.
6. In view of this, all FCT residents are expected to remain in their respective homes on Sunday, as violators will be arrested.
7. In case of distress, call the FCT Police Command Control Room on any of these hotlines. 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653 or 08028940883.
DSP Anjuguri Manzah
Police Public Relations Officer
FCT Police Command
www.mediadimensions.live… Closing gaps in end-user news content